Are you soon to be an ex corper? If your answer is yes, then this is perfectly for you.
A lot of corp members worry so much about what will become of them after passing out from NYSC.
Today’s discussion is strictly for those who are a little confused about their lives after NYSC.
During service year, many corp members make the mistake of not acquiring a skill, they become jobless, and unable to foot their bills after hanging their boots. On the other hand, many ex corpers have gone into the wrong conjugal relationship because of their inability to cope with the pressures from home after service; doing things under pressure should never be the case.
In actual sense, life after NYSC is where adulthood begins properly because of the responsibility to fend for yourself and if adequate plans aren’t made you may become confused of what’s next to do.
Here are a few tips on how to save yourself from being caught in that web after NYSC:
• Learn a skill. This is very important, learning a skill after your service year will help you become a boss on your own, instead of complaining about no jobs available in the country, you can learn a skill and be an employer yourself.
• Have an idea or ideas of different trades. The more ideas you have about different trades, chances are, you will go into one and become a master of it.
• Develop yourself by attending seminars that will broaden your knowledge. This is a very important tip that will get you on the right track after service. The more seminars you attend that will impact you positively, the more you'll become enthusiastic about achieving your goals.
• Don't be a wasteful spender, learn to save your little cash and invest it wisely. If you are someone that spends too much, then you should learn to reduce how you spend. Try learning how to spend less and save more, in that way when opportunities for investment come you'll have something to fall back on.
• Be optimistic, don't just pray and wait for a miracle, put effort in getting things done. As we all know, faith without works is dead; to get to where you desire to be physically and financially, you have to work harder!
• Furthering your education should be on your bucket list after NYSC. It gives you the opportunity to be advanced and knowledgeable about a lot of things.
• And lastly, be focused. There are distractions that come after service, you should try to focus on the things that will keep you relevant in your family and the society at large.
These tips are proven to be effective to those who are just finishing service. But if you're still a corp member reading this, you mustn't wait to be done with service before you can
start applying these tips, be ready to take up challenges, don't relent.
Do you have a tip you’d want to share? Lets see it.