A lot of us can beat our chests that we are 100% effective at our work place, but reality check, many of us still have a long way to go. Before agreeing that you’re effective, there are some skills and traits you must possess.
What is Effectiveness?
It is the ability to be successful and produce the intended results: everyone has the ability to be effective at their workplace, but not everyone is ready to make use of the strategies. There are a lot of benefits, and they will serve as instruments to building one’s career in a life time.
Don’t let anyone lie to you that if you become effective, you would be taken for granted. That’s far from being true! The truth is, you’d earn more respect from your colleagues and even your bosses. Hard work pays off real good, hope you know? If you’re pushing so hard to be effective, then you should know there are things you should do and focus on to achieve that goal.
Today we shall be outlining those strategies that will improve and boost your morale to acquire your desired effectiveness.
• Attitude : Your attitude is the first on the list. As clearly stated, your attitude will stand you out at your work place. It is your passport to being distinguished for good.
• Productivity : This is another strategy that will help you. People often forget that relevance is equivalent to productivity, and the more productive you are, the more your chances of becoming effective and efficient in your endeavours.
• Adequate communication : If you are someone who finds communicating an important information to others at work a difficult ordeal, you’re likely to become tagged as a poor communicator. I’m sure you wouldn’t like that. Talk, but let it be work related. Be an active and attentive listener.
• Stress Management : A lot of people don’t know how to work under stress. It’s either they put on a discomfited countenance or they start murmuring about these situations they obviously can do nothing about unless they persevere to the end of the task. Learn stress management and apply every strategy at your work place.
• Punctuality : Have you ever heard of the adage, “time is money?” Timeliness doesn’t just contribute to your wealth, it is a good way to be effective. These days, people see punctuality as nothing important when it comes to working. Everyone would rather be late than be too early. Always be punctual to work and watch your money grow.
• Set Your Priorities Right : Learn how to place priority on important things at your work place. You can start off with drafting a scale of preference of the things you do daily. This way, you can shove off the less vital things that consumes both your time and energy.
• Set Goals : Set achievable goals and work towards actualizing them because it’s never a waste of time, your goals will mark you out of the crowd.
• Create Effective Schedules : Following up your schedules will not only make you effective, it will give you a feeling of confidence that you are doing the right thing.
• Avoid Procrastinating : Do the things you should do today, procrastination is a killer of time.
• Think Out of The Box : If you’re someone that thinks creatively, you’re on the right track to being effective.
• Learn to be a Good Follower : Life is in phases. The president of a nation was once an ardent follower. You can only be a good leader because you’ve served and followed a previous leader.
• Develop Yourself : Find time to read positive books that will clean your mind from toxic imaginations and worries. Attend seminars and work shops, carry out networking and learn generally. Remember, the day you stop learning is the day you stop breathing.
• Stay Updated : Be up to date about events and meetings. Generally, be conscious of the happenings around you.
• Be Resourceful, Insightful and Informative : Many people lose their life time opportunities because their attitudes are intolerable. As rightly said, “your attitude will determine your altitude.” This simply means, it is what you think about yourself that will dictate your level of success in life. The success you get will be as a result of how well you work on your attitude. Don’t be quick to debunk the attitude you portray, as it is a reflection of who you are.
If you must be effective, you must learn to apply these strategies and be mindful of things that will bring you down. Keep a positive mindset and don’t forget; getting work done daily and sleeping early will also give you the opportunity to be effective at your place of work. Good luck!