What’s the big deal with learning a new skill or skills? There are a million and one reasons why anyone should learn a new skill; not only for the fact that it’s another way of putting yourself in a better position to acquire more knowledge, it is also very vital for success.
Have you ever wondered why multinationals pay huge sums of money to train their workers to learn or acquire a new skill? I have too, and I can bet it’s for the interest and benefits of both the companies and their employees.
Months ago, a friend of mine advised me to take up a new skill and get better with it; I shrugged off the idea at first, because I felt there was no need going through the pains of learning something new and since I already had a job there was absolutely no way I could learn a skill.
Weeks later, I picked up same idea I had trashed, gave it a try! I bet I’d never regretted doing so.
Why this story? It’s simple! Learning a skill is vital for anyone who really wants to get their game on in today’s world. Why should a person bag more skills? You know how it goes, the more skills you acquire the more chances you have in leading a more successful and wealthy life. Indeed! Skills aren’t gateway to riches, but acquiring the right ones will help you get closer to becoming successful.
A lot of people complain about how they can’t get well paying jobs and would rather complain and stay idle than take up a new skill that may be beneficial to them. Let’s not forget that skill learning has different levels and limitations, but when you get your foot on them you can get through them. Passion too walks hand in hand with learning a new skill, it spurs you to get even much better in whatever you’re doing and will put you on the frontline.
There are a lot of benefits in learning a new skill and no matter what that skill is, whether big or small you’ll notice your life will be influenced in your daily endeavors to keep learning even more new skills and experiences.
Here are a few benefits of learning a new skill that you just can’t ignore!
• Acquiring a new skill makes you an interesting person: You get the opportunity to share knowledge learnt with other people who have little or no knowledge of whatever skill you’ve acquired.
• You automatically overcome idleness and boredom: when you get your mind into something new, your every being becomes a part of it. That said you wouldn’t have time to stay idle or feel bored; your mind and body are put to work.
• Your brain chemistry changes: Theres a white matter in everyone’s brain called ‘Myelin’. It is known for improving human’s performance. The more you practice or acquire a new skill the more the myelin becomes high in density. You become better when your brain becomes open to new ideas.
• You become more agitated about your future: like the saying goes “The future come to those who plan and make preparations for it.” Being a top notch can set you high above your contemporaries.
• You get personal development opportunities.
The benefits go on and on.
Always remember, when passion meets skill there will always be positive outcomes.