What does goal-setting have to do with Success? Research has found out that people that set goals and work on them tenaciously and passionately, get to their desired height of success!
This equation explains it all: Goal setting + Goal actualization = Success! It is a fact that at different points in our lives, we’ve set various kinds of goals. Some of them we did not achieve and some, we’ve just had to push through to see it become reality.
Truth be told, setting goals is as simple as ABC, but actualizing them is the super hard part.
I can beat my chest and say that in the last five years, I have set over a hundred goals, but cannot boast that I achieved them ALL!
It is however important to know that as humans, setting goals is completely normal, whether they’ll be achieved or not! So if you find yourself not achieving some goals, relax, don’t beat yourself up! It’s a human thing and we can all relate.
In the pursuit of Success, there are reasons that spur us to set goals! Well, if you are not convinced enough to start the habit of setting goals, or you’ve given up on setting goals because you’re not seeing the results, here might be some benefits you never knew of!
• Goals put your mind and body to work. With this, you stay active and can easily fight off boredom
• Goals push you to aspire and be better. It is said that success begets more success. When you set a goal and achieve it, it automatically motivates you to do more and even better.
• Goals are great guides to success. Your goals basically cushion you till you succeed. Goals create the path to your success.
• Goals will promote your self-esteem. Especially when you achieve several goals, your self esteem is boosted and you feel better about yourself.
• Goals give you the flexibility to make breathtaking decisions whether you see the end result or not.
• Goals will help you measure your strengths and weaknesses.
Before I conclude, I must establish that goals are achievable if only hard work and consistency are put to play.
Remember that goals could be simple, hard, crazy and sometimes very risky. Whatever level of goal you want to achieve, if you put your heart to it, nothing will stop you!